KDE activity tracking

Jonah Benton jbenton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 18:15:53 BST 2005

Greetings,

I apologize if this topic is covered somewhere in documentation. Some
cursory google searching didn't reveal any solutions.

I use KDE, write software for a living, and spend 12 hours a day or
more on my laptop. I'm getting tired of manual time tracking (I bill
on 10 minute increments). Working from a generated log of my UI
actions would probably be more efficient, at least as a starting
point.

e.g. a log of window activation events with timestamps, possibly with
counts of keyboard presses, and with some application-specific lower
level event detail- would make it easier to automate tracking at the
level of detail I need.

Can I coax this information out of KDE?

Thanks,

Jonah