options not saving etc

Jonathan Nelson ciasaboark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 04:20:29 BST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 19:18 -0400, Jeff MacDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running KDE 3.4.0 on Freebsd 5.4-Stable.
>
> The first time i started it up, i changed my resoution to 1600x1200,
> and set all of my fonts in control center to 10 in the same font that
> they were in. [Most start at 12], they resized fine. I also set some
> konsole session settings [just colors and $TERM variables]
>
> When I rebooted, my resoution change did not save, my fonts in control
> center still said 10 but definatly displayed at 12, and now i can no
> longer make changes to my konsole sessions.

Did you make sure to save your konsole schema?  Settings->Save as
Default?

Are you sure that the font size has changed?  With a resolution like
1600x1200 I would assume that the old resolution was less, so the fonts
would _appear_ larger when it switched back.

Also, what program are you using to change your resolution.  KDE only
has the krandr program to change the res, and you have to tell it to
apply your changes at startup.  If your using a distro specific program
you should try asking on one of the freebsd lists (note that there is a
kde-nonlinux list: http://www.kde.org/mailinglists/).

--
Jonathan Nelson <ciasaboark at gmail.com>