Nope - Re: One more please -- on how can I get my new windows to appear in front

Oward Smyahoo hsm1th at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 14:26:32 BST 2005

The problem is that KDE windows do not have a
"None of the above" option; how can I deactivate BOTH.
 If I pick "stay on top" it ALWAYS stays on top and so
hides new ones....if I pick
"stay below" it ALWAYS stays below even if I want to
read it a few minutes later.  I want to be able to
have the window allow new windows to be visible, but
also to move to the top when I want to chose it
with a single click or keystoke (not with a menu
sequence that must be executed from the often hidden
windowbar). Like for example all the
windows in (Argh) WinXP: you click on any part, and
the window moves to the front.  Or Solaris:  you push
the "front" key and the window comes to the front.
KDE has a complicated focus and action settings,
but I can't see how to address this simple need.