Removing "Applications" description from KMenu applet

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Wed Jun 1 12:11:10 BST 2005

On Tue, 31 May 2005 20:50:23 -0700
James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:

> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > Hello, Everyone
> > I just updated kdelibs and kdebase from SVN TRUNK.  I discovered
> > that next to the KMenu applet in my Kicker, was a rather large word
> > "Applications"  I looked in all the logical places, but I cannot
> > figure out how to turn it off.  In case my description was
> > confusing, here is a screen shot:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/kicker.jpg
> >
> > If this ends up being non-configurable, would I be safe in assuming
> > that I would file a Request For Feature Enhancement report under
> > "Kicker"?
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/kicker/libkicker/kickerSettings.kcfg?rev=420032&view=log

Hello, James
That worked like a charm :)  I initially made the mistake of putting
"ShowText=false" underneath the heading "[KMenuButton_1]" because there
was no [KMenu] section.  But, after I created a new section in my
~/.kde/ share/config/kickerrc file that looks like this:

[KMenu]
ShowText=false

all I had to do was to log out and log back in, and the issue was fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Steven P. Ulrick