KDE 3.4.1 will not accept my GVim (6.3.084) as a GUI editor

Dan Johansson kde at dmj.nu
Sat Jul 23 17:09:59 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to configure my KDE install to use gvim as my editor but when I try
to configure it in Control Center I am getting the following message:

Test Failed!
Your Vim does not provide any GUI support. A GUI is required to use this
component. Upgrade your Vim's version or install GVim/KVim.

And the CC gives the following "Test Results - Features of Selected Vim"
(green) Eval            GUI found:      No GUI supported
(green) Client server   Vim version:    6.3

And when I click on a .txt-file in Konqueror I get the following error message
(and the an empty Kwrite window).

Please use the KDE control module and configure the Vim component.

Any suggestions on how to configure KDE/GVim to make this combination work.

Regards,
--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>