No Juk on fedora core 4 ?

Steve Evans stevee at gorbag.com
Fri Jul 22 07:20:52 BST 2005

On Thursday 21 July 2005 23:33, Willem wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I used to use Juk to play my mp3 / ogg files, but recently  I updated 2
> systems I use (home & work) to fedora core 4.
>
> After the updates, the application at home crashes, while at the office,
> there is no juk at all.
>
> I have installed the latest kdemultimedia (and -extras) but it didn't
> change anything.
>
> Then I looked it up with google, and found out that there is some kind
> of bug with kdemultimedia / juk on fedora core 4.
>
> So, the question is more like a multiple choice:
>
> Do I:
> a: have to wait for new updates that fix the bug
> b: poke with yum|rpm around the deinstall|reinstall packages
> c: forget about juk and just use xmms (nothing wrong with that, but I
> liked juk just a bit more)
>
> Any answer would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
>
> (if this mail is in the wrong group, I apologize)

You could try using amarok:

   <http://amarok.kde.org/>
   <http://www.kde.org.uk/apps/amarok/>.

I used to use juk, but I now prefer amarok.

It is not a part of the core KDE, but there is probably a version available
for Fedora.

Stevee
Steve Evans            E-mail: mailto:stevee at gorbag.com
                       WEB:    http://www.gorbag.com
Registered Linux user #217906: http://counter.li.org
Public Encryption Key:         http://www.gorbag.com/public-key.html

Now playing: Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love

2.6.12-gentoo-r6 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz GNU/Linux

 07:16:51 up 4 days, 17:31,  5 users,  load average: 0.73, 1.05, 0.53

This is even more painful than it looks.

		-- Homer Simpson
		   Brother from the Same Planet