Mac OS Menubar Style

Xavier Callejas xcallejas at ibcinc.com.sv
Sat Jul 9 01:55:57 BST 2005

Hi.

I want to use the mac os menubar style.

I have SuSE 9.3 with KDE 3.4.1

To be able to add the menu applet to kicker I edited the menuapplet.desktop
and changed the hidden=false to =true, ok now I can add a menu applet on
kicker.

But the problem is that when in the Desktop config. dialog I select the Mac OS
menu bar style it's and enter OK, it put the apps menu on the menuapplet but
always add another panel like on top of the desktop that I cannot remove.

If I could resize this automatic panel I stop using menubar applet but I can't
use both because if I use the menubar applet on a kicker panel it always add
another panel on top that I cannot remove and if I use just the menubar
(without adding a menubar applet to a panel kicker) I cannot resize the
menubar panel.

Plz. help me. I've seen screenshots of desktop with a panel with a mac os
menubar with a menuapplet witout this strange panel on top.

thx.
--
Xavier Callejas