KDE 3.4.1 - Could not bind to socket '/tmp/ksocket-

Ross MacGillivray ross_macgillivray at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 8 20:31:44 BST 2005

I am still having problems getting KDE 3.4.1 on Cygwin to bind to the ksocket file (see below).

winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the disp
lay.
bash-2.05b$ winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully o
pened the display.
Could not bind to socket '/tmp/ksocket-RossMacGillivray/kdeinit-127.0.0.1:0'
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 3528 result = 0
DCOP: register 'anonymous-3528' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-3528'

It was suggested to me that I remove any blanks for my userid and home directory and I have done this, but the problem
continues.

I am getting an X root window to launch, but no KDE desktop, window manager, applications.   This result
is probably not surprising given the error above, but how do I clear this error?

Does KDEINIT have verbose mode?

/Ross