kdelib problems

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 28 09:15:57 GMT 2005

>> index.docbook:12: error: failed to load external entity
>> "dtd/kdex.dtd" ]>
>>  ^

> There's a file "dtd/kdex.dtd" in my kdelibs source directory. Maybe you
> need to update kdelibs as well. Or you have two versions installed and
> it's picking up the wrong one.

This is probably the cause. Make sure kdelibs is as up-to-date as kdebase.
Also, if you have two versions of KDE installed, make sure that the version
of 'meinproc' being run on the documentation is the correct one (ie, the
one from your cvs version of KDE, and not the distro's version.)

On a more general note, you should *always* update kdelibs before kdebase
(and all other KDE packages), since changes in kdelibs can otherwise break
the compile of other packages.

As Rainer says, the rest is irrelevant to this problem.

Regards,
Philip