kdelib problems

Mike Muratet muratem at eng.uah.edu
Thu Jan 27 20:50:22 GMT 2005

I am trying to update my kdebase installation, and I'm getting some errors
I can't seem to resolve.

The configure script runs (although it reports a couple of problems
decribed below...) but make crashes with

index.docbook:12: error: failed to load external entity "dtd/kdex.dtd"
]>
 ^
index.docbook:14: error: Entity 'language' not defined
<book lang="&language;">
                      ^
index.docbook:14: validity error: No declaration for attribute lang of
element book
<book lang="&language;">

and so on.

The configure script does report:

configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: linux/raw.h: in the future, the compiler will take
precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##

I can't find the section on "Present But Cannot..." but I'll take that up
with the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.

Also, inspite of using --with-extra-lib=/usr/local/samba/lib (which is
where the samba lib is living) I still get the message:

You're missing libsmbclient from samba 3.0
KDE will not be able to browse windows shares without it,
consider installing it.
Look at kioslave/smb/libsmbclient-HOWTO.txt

So, does anybody know if either of these two configure problems would
cause the make to fail?

thanks

Mike