K panel tooltips stay too long

Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper vR at movingparts.net
Thu Jan 27 11:45:01 GMT 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 05:32, yourself wrote:
> On Thursday 27 January 2005 11:29, Jes Hall (Jes Hall
> <jes.hall at kdemail.net>)
>
> wrote:
> > The behaviour described as
> >
> > "pop up even if the mouse stays over the icon for -say- 0.05 secs
> > somethimes!!! And if the mouse passes over all of them (5 icons) heading
> > for the last, i get some 3 or 4 popup windows pop up at the same time"
> >
> > is more consistant with the new style of tooltips in CVS head.
> >
> > If you're not running the beta or a recent CVS, then this may not apply
> > to you so you can simply disregard it :-)

[...]

I realize that what I'm about to say is not completely on-topic, but.....

I REALLY love the new fade-in popup "tooltip-ish" things that have shown up in
3.4-beta1.  I'm talking about the ones that show up when you mouse over the
"K-menu" kicker button.

In fact, this new bit of eye-candy make the old tooltips look REALLY old and
out of place.  =:)  (You can see where I'm going with this....  =:) )

Is it possible that the old yellow, square, blocky tooltips could be replaced
globally with the new, sporty, sexy fade-in tooltips that have been put into
beta1 for the kicker launchers buttons?

I'm curious to see what developers and other users have to say about this.
=:)

TIA!

--

 `