K panel tooltips stay too long

Jes Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Thu Jan 27 11:41:57 GMT 2005

> Well, yes, but not the _launcher_ icons... The SYSTEM TRAY icons. Try and
> run kopete. It will put an icon in your system tray. Try running kget,
> kmail, korganizer.... THESE icons pop up windows that are inconsistent. For
> example, the kmail icon pops up a toolitp sayng "There are 24 unread
> messages", kopete pops up a tooltip saying "Jabber
> blahblah at blahblah.blahblah (online)", kgpg says "Kgpg - encryption tool"
> and so on...
>
> It's these tootips that are annoying and not the launcher ones.

Yup, I am fully aware of what systray tooltips are :) You didn't mention your
KDE version in your original email though which is very crucial information
so I thought  I'd mention both types. At any rate,  unfortunately these
tooltips can only be disabled by disabling global KDE tooltips under:
Kcontrol -> Appearance & Themes -> Style.

(The systray protocol in general is planned for being completely worked over
with something much better for KDE 4)
--
JH

KDE frequently asked questions:
http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq/

panic("esp_handle: current_SC == penguin within interrupt!");