kde tweak

Mage mage at mage.hu
Wed Jan 26 22:06:56 GMT 2005

          Hello,

I have Gentoo Linux on my Asus M2400N laptop with KDE. I like this
config, however I am not pleased with the performance.

More window I open lower performance I get. With some mozilla firefox
window, some xterm and xmms and xchat, the application windows start to
get slower refhreshed. Not too bad, maybe acceptable, but it's noticable
and annoying to me. Graphics drivers are ok, I tested with quake 3. My
laptop has 512M ram and 600M swap. I use latest 2.6.10 kernel patched to
Gentoo.

Is there any kde tweak tutorial? How to improve performance? Kernel
parameters or make.conf can help?

       Mage