to build an rpm from a tar.gz?

Andy Teijelo Pérez espino at infomed.sld.cu
Tue Jan 25 04:25:49 GMT 2005

El Domingo, 23 de Enero de 2005 5:12, tommie ramirez andujar escribió:
> Hi:
>
> I have downloaded "checkinstall" that allows you to create an rpm
> installer out of a tar-gz file, you just type "checkinstall" after
> "./configure" and "make" and it builds and install an rpm. So far so
> good, it did installed the rpm but I was not able  to  "see" it to save
> it someplace else. Has anyone used this or  done in a different way, I
> mean" to build an rpm from a tar.gz?
> tommie

Hola, Tomás.

I'm also cuban, but I'll write you in english so the rest can understand what
we're talking. I think this question can better be answered in a list such as
linux-l at mail.linux.cu, which is more general than this one (KDE), is cuban,
and is in spanish. Also, you should not reply over a message in an existing
thread to start a new and different one. Your messages could get lost that
way :-)

Thanks,
it's nice to find people from home around.
Andy