fish and umlauts (utf-8)

Teemu Nikkilä tnikkila at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jan 24 20:33:19 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm having trouble with KIO fish and filenames that contain umlauts. The
distro is SuSE 9.1 and the encoding is utf-8. If I fish to localhost, for
example, and create a directory "fööbär", it's created OK, but the name is
not displayed correctly and I can't enter the directory or remove it (or do
anything else with it for that matter). It's the same for all files with
umlauted characters in the name. I wonder if this is because of fish or ssh
or the SuSE version of either of them. And I'm sorry if this issue has
already been on the list.

Cheers,
Teemu