kde mail folders from backup

Roy Pluschke rjplus at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 23 01:00:38 GMT 2005

Recently my hard disk crashed so I reinstalled linux from scratch onto a new
hard drive.  I configured kmail to send/receive mail from my accounts and
confirmed that they were working.  I now wanted to get my old mail folder
from back up which is were the problems arise.  Copying the backup Mail
directory to my home directory doesn't work (seems to be some indexing issues
-- selecting a mail gives "no subject" and a blank message) and there is no
import option for an existing kmail folder.

How would I go about importing my old mail?

Thanks in advance,
Roy