Modifying konqueror's menu/toolbars

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Thu Jan 20 23:07:13 GMT 2005

On January 20, 2005 03:06 pm, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Chris Gow wrote:

> >>Start by copying the system wide file to the corresponding local file,
> >>then edit the local copy.
> >
> > Ok, I did do that, but I guess the better question would be: Am I
> > supposed to be able to override things locally, or will konqueror only
> > use the one file?
>
> If you have a local file in the user's directory tree, it will replace
> the global file in the $KDEDIR directory tree -- the global file will be
> ignored, totally.

Hrmm...Well that sucks. I was under the impression that I could add/remove
items from the UI file on a per user/system configuration. Oh well, I'll look
into this a little more...If I have a user specific UI file any additions
done via updates (either upgrading KDE, or installing components) will be
ignored which is what I was hoping to avoid.

Thanks for the info

-- chris