What to play wmv file with?

Rick Friedman richard.c.friedman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:29:20 GMT 2005

Robert Spangler wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just wondering what I can use to play wmv files?  I have tried kplayer and
> xine but neither of them work.  I also tried to use totem-xine and it also
> has a problem.
>
> What are you all using?

Hi Robert!

I'm using Xine to play wmv files. You need to make certain that you have
the correct codecs installed. I suggest getting them at the following link:

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/w32codec-0.52-1.i386.rpm

As you can see, it's an rpm package. If you have a Debian based distro,
you can use alien to convert the package and install it. Once installed,
xine should be able to play wmv files.

Rick
--
  "This is like deja vu all over again." - Yogi Berra