Personalizing kpersonalizer?

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 20 07:13:49 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 07:33, Jesper Krogh wrote:
> kcmshell language would require people to log out in order to change the
> settings. kpersonalizer seems better suited since it actually takes
> place before the first session.

No they dont need to log out but only newly started applications will follow
that setting. If you make a language.desktop file similiar to the
kpersonaliser one in the autostart folder then it will do what you want.
Examine those autostart xxxx.desktop files and right at the end you will see
there are switches to make things start before or after others and whether to
run at all.  My distro doesnt use kpersonaliser but I Imagine that its
desktop file is exactly what you want except with executing kcmshell language
instead of kpersonaliser.

--
regards,
andrew