KDE Perceived Quality Survey (PESQUS) still going on.

Faraz R Khan faraz.khan at emergen.biz
Tue Jan 18 07:21:15 GMT 2005

The survey is kind of werd.

Questions like "KDE Froze during operation" are very vague. KDE itself has
almost never frozen on me. However things like openoffice have crashed. Seems
like you are coming from a windows background where one application can cause
a cascading effect and cause everything from the cdrom to the kernel to
freeze

:)

this very rarely happens in linux/kde

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 08:44, Human Aspects of Software Engineering wrote:
> Dear KDE users,
>
> We continue to collect responses for the Perceived Quality Survey for KDE.
> We would really appreciate it if you could follow the link below and fill
> out this survey, if you haven't done so:
>
> http://www.umbc.edu/hase/kdesurvey.html
>
> We are planning to turn the results of this survey into some useful
> feedback to improve the overall quality of KDE even more.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> HASE
> HUMAN ASPECTS of SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
> INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT, UMBC
> hase at umbc.edu
>
> P.S. Two notes upon previous questions:
>
> 1. KDE, of course, includes many applications, please indicate your opinion
> about the components that are directly related to the desktop functionality
> of KDE.
>
> 2. Some of the developers mentioned that KDE might fail because
> of the underlying software or hardware problems. This is possible, however,
> we think that users do understand the problems with the underlying layers
> after a reasonable time of computer use. Therefore, we rely on the user's
> opinions.

Faraz R Khan
Emergen Consulting Pvt Ltd
faraz.khan at emergen.biz