shutdown problem

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) hylton at global.co.za
Fri Jan 14 08:10:55 GMT 2005

tommie ramirez andujar wrote:
> Hi:
> I am using MDk 10.1 and when give the PC the shutdown command, it
> doesn't do anything, it gives me a "Power down" text no the console for
> me to shutdown the PC manually.
>
> Is the something wrong?
> tommie
It might be that the user you are logged on as, does not have the
permissions necessary to shutdown the server.

You would need to check you has the authority to shutdown.

If may also be that the user has the command to shutdown the machine but
not halt it.

sorry I can't be more help but I am using SuSE 9.0 and last used
Mandrake 2 years ago.

--
The Little Helper