kmid

Andy Teijelo PĆ©rez espino at infomed.sld.cu
Sun Jan 9 01:19:01 GMT 2005

El Viernes, 07 de Enero de 2005 10:25, Bob Stia escribiĆ³:
> Hola Andy,
>
> Could you be more specific about what you did in alsa & Timidity ?
>
> Bob S.

It's nice to see that "Hola" in spanish. Thanks.
First, I loaded de snd-seq module from ALSA, like this:

modprobe snd-seq

That was as root. I think it can be configured to be loaded automatically at
system startup, but I haven't done so.
The I started timidity with an options that makes it work as a hardware
sequencer through ALSA. This is -iA

timidity -iA

After that, Kmid, Rosegarden and other apps that use midi hardware are able to
function correctly.
I saw it working guys. Kmid really worked and the man behind the scenes was
timidity.

Hope you can make it. Good luck.

Andy