A better trashcan?

Jes Hall jes.hall at kdemail.net
Fri Jan 7 16:47:24 GMT 2005

> I saw the thread and felt interested. What would happen with two files from
> the same location and with the same name but from different moments in
> time?

They both appear in the Trash, the earlier file is not over written.
While in the gui window they both appear as eg, 'file.trashtest' if you look
at it from the console the trash actually names them as file.trashtest and
file_1.trashtest. They also both have seperate .trashinfo files detailing
their original path and deletion date.
--
Jes Hall
KDE FAQ: http://docs.kde.org/en/HEAD/kdebase/faq