Serious Doofus in need of assistance (Start Apps Button)

ken lassey kal43 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 7 12:14:02 GMT 2005

Larry Howe wrote:
> On Thursday 06 January 2005 14:54, ken lassey wrote:
>
>>I was trying to make another 'start applications' pop up menu and
>>managed to delete all of the sub menus from the main menu.
>>
>>Is there a way to fix this, maybe replace a file somewhere.
>>
>>Thank you.
>

> Can you describe a bit more what it was you were doing? And what is happening
> now?
>
> Larry

In XFCE you can add popup menus (like start applications) with your own
program choices on it.  I was unable to find a similar feature when
trying to add one to my dock.  So I added another start applications
button.  I then went into menu editor and proceeded to delete all of the
sub menus so that I had a blank popup menu to add my own list of apps
to.  However when I did this it not only editied the button I was
working on but changed the default Start Apps button as well.  Now all I
have showing on the start apps is:

 > Recently used apps
 > the link I created for my blank button (launches VNC)
 > Bookmarks
 > Quick Browser
 > Run Command
 > Start New Session