Custom KWin popup menu

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jan 4 15:34:04 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 09:03, Andy Teijelo PĂ©rez wrote:

> I mostly agree with you, but I keep thinking ti would be a good thing.
> Think of an application such as XMMS, Noatun or Kaboodle. They could put in
> such a menu shortcuts for Play, Pause, Next, etc.

But media players are a bad example, they usually even don't want window
borders at all and want to display fancy player buttons styled and themed :)

I am not saying it is a bad idea in general, but I haven't yet seen any good
example why an application would want options in there, especially consideren
consistency.

> In any case, the whole thing was just a comment. An idea that came into my
> mind when using PUTTY. And the specific problem there was with PUTTY, not
> with KWin.

No problem, I understood that.
I just think it is highly unlikely that their will be additions to the
enhanced window manager specifications or even just KWin's implementation for
a feature that IMHO doesn't add any additonal value.

But I am neither a wm-spec developer nor KWin's maintainer, so you might
better ask on the wm-spec list
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/wm-spec-list or contact KWin's
maintainer Lubos Lunak.

Cheers,