Copying a DVD

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at access-4-free.com
Wed Feb 23 23:22:15 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 01:51, LeVA wrote:
<SNIP>
> But be aware! Recent game dvds and cds have several protections. This means
> that you can not play with your backup discs. You must the original disc
> inserted, or else the game will refuse to start.

If dd has not been altered as per DMCA how then can these protections
persist when dd makes a perfect binary copy of the media?

Does it matter what type of blank media you buy?

BTW what is all this +R -R etc etc mean anyway.  I want to backup the
Suse DVD which are dual layer and the usual data which I can do easily
on CDRW.

--