Konqueror "cannot find mime type" errors

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Feb 20 09:51:17 GMT 2005

All of a sudden, when I start up KDE (I usually log off with a Konqueror
window open) I am getting multiple error messages from "Knotify" which
all tell me that :
"
Could not find mime type
application/octet-stream
"
Eventually these stop (after OK'ing them all ) and I get  a Konqueror crash.

If I try to re-start Konqueror later during teh KDE session, it starts
OK with just one single error as above.

I tried deleting the konqueror directory under home/.kde/share/apps but
this seems to have made no difference to the problem.

Anybody know hwo how to fix this?