kmail folder list

龍神 ryujin_ssdt at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Feb 16 09:38:05 GMT 2005

I recently installed kde-3.4 beta2 and is amazing. All my previous
configuration from 3.3.2 works just fine. I just have to little problems and
wonder if anyone knows why.

First my configuration folder keeps getting deleted. I have a .kde3.3 folder
and .kde and .kde3.4 are links to .kde3.3 (i.e. ln -sf .kde3.3 .kde). All
works great until I log out of the kde session. When I log out the .kde link
gets replaced by a real folder, I mean, it no longer points to .kde3.3 and is
a new empty folder so the next time I log in, kde starts the wizard as if it
where first time I start kde.

All I have to do is delete the .kde folder and link it back to .kde3.3 (i.e.
ln -sf .kde3.3 .kde) before starting kde and then all works great. How can I
stop kde from replacing my .kde folder when I log out??

Another interesting thing is that when I am loggen in a kde session
the .kde3.4 link disappears and a .kde-cur file gets created. Does this has
something to do with my .kde link getting replaced?

Second is that my configuration from kde3.3.2 works perfect but if I create a
new account there are several behaviors I have in my account that I don't
know how to reproduce in the new account.  For example in kmail (kontact) the
folder list at the left in my configuration shows the folder list and if
there are new unread messages a number in blue color appears at the right
side of the folder name indicating the number of unread messages. In the new
account I get three columns in the folder list. One column is the folder
name, the second is number of unread messages and the third total number of
messages in the folder.  I prefer the small number indicating unread messages
instead of the three columns (takes too much space) but I can't find where to
configure that.  Any ideas?

regards,
Ryujin