Desktop-automation?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Feb 14 16:53:32 GMT 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 19:50, Janne Ojaniemi wrote:
> I'm currently downloading the Klax KDE3.4 live-CD, and a thought occured to
> me: Are there any pkans to add desktop-automation to KDE? OS X Tiger will
> have something of the sort, how about KDE?

KDE usually runs on Unix like system, which means there are usually several
kind of scripting languages available.
Some higher level scripting languages like Python or Ruby even have direct KDE
bindings available.

> Of course, that is simply one example of the stuff this kind of
> functionality could be used. Are there any plans for this kind of
> functionality? With DCOP and the like, I think it could be technically
> doable.

You would have to check K3B's DCOP interface if it allows starting the
burining process.
If not you could run a simple script which starts the commandline tool
cdrecord with the downloaded image.
When using kfmclient to download the file it uses the same KDE IO techology as
starting the download from Konqueror

There are a lot of option here :)

Cheers,
Kevin