Copying a DVD

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Fri Feb 11 07:31:27 GMT 2005

Hello KDE people,

I know, I know, this has probably been covered a thousand times. But, I
am fairly new to this list and haven't seen it. Just direct me where to
go please.

I want to copy a game DVD as a backup.  I have one DVD player/recorder.
I know I have to copy it to disc first as an iso image. I open k3b and
for the life of me cannot figure out how to copy the DVD to disc.
Maybe k3b won't do that ? and I have to use the cli for that ?? using
dd or something like that?  I think I have most of the utilities that I
need. dvdbackup, etc ??  which I thought would interface with k3b

Would be very appreciative if someone could put me on the right path
here.

Bob S.