removing the trashcan

Rob van Riel robvr at mail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:46:08 GMT 2005

Mostly, I like the KDE environment, but there's one part of it I really, really hate: the trashcan. When I delete a file, I want it gone, out of my system, off my harddisk. I don't want it lurking in some obscure directory, waiting to get in the way should I wish to delete another file with the same name, and taking up space. I know there's an option in konqueror to bypass the trashcan, but I want this to be the default action when I hit delete. Is there any way to accomplish that, or better yet, get rid of the entire trashcan altogether?

Thanks for any help

Rob