Should be working but my Sound is still missing

SnapafunFrank Frank at snapafun.co.nz
Wed Feb 9 11:34:17 GMT 2005

So I look around and with great stuff I found on the ALSA site
discovered this:

# service sound stop; service alsa stop;
Doing alsactl to store mixer settings...                        [  OK  ]
Shutting down ALSA sound driver (version 1.0.2c):               [  OK  ]
# rm -f /etc/asound.state;
# service sound start; service alsa start
Setting mixer settings                                          [  OK  ]
ALSA driver (version 1.0.2c) is already running.
# kmix
kmix: ERROR: Alsa mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and the
soundcard driver is loaded.
kmix:
kmix: ERROR: Alsa mixer cannot be found.
Please check that the soundcard is installed and the
soundcard driver is loaded.
kmix:

Any suggestion anyone ?

- Note, I did have the sound working but when playing around with flash
drives and trying to stabilize udev I somehow corrupted the
.ICEAuthority file and ended up deleting that and starting again with my
settings. Basically, everything else is back up to speed, just the sound
missing in kde. ( Third party apps are sounding off fine. )

All the tests offered when within MCC I did with only the last one not
coming to the party - nothing ' echoed' at all, just returned me
straight back to the prompt.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213