KMail not deleting messages from POP server

Jorge Fábregas fabregasj at prtc.net
Thu Feb 3 17:17:29 GMT 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 1:56 pm, Andy Teijelo Pérez wrote:
> I've chosen the option to delete all messages from the POP server once the
> have been downloaded, and that works Ok. But if in the middle of the
> downloading process, I choose to cancel it, the already downloaded messages
> are not deleted from the server. Shouldn't they? When I later check the
> mail I receive those messages again.

Hi,

Yes, that's how it works. After Kmail gets the last email, it isn't until this
very moment that it will start deleting messages.  That's the reason you
sometimes see the status bar showing 100% staying there...it's deleting every
message one by one (pop3 command:  dele 1,  dele 2, dele 3 ...etc).

Tip:  Don't hit cancel while you're downloading email :)

HTH,
Jorge