possibly messed-up permissions from GLOcean

s s greatredshark at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 2 23:58:54 GMT 2005

Hey,
I tried that cool windeco GLOcean today, and ran into
some trouble. I installed the slackware package as
root, and then I think some permissions may have
gotten messed up somehow, i.e. I can no longer access
/opt/kde/bin unless I log in as root. What are the
proper permissions for this directory (and
subdirectory)? is it a+x, a+r? should I add a+w too?
I've had trouble in the past with KDE when permissions
get messed up, so I want to get it right, instead of guessing.