Using 3ddeskfx with KDE shortcuts.

Ryan ryan at crystaldawn.net
Wed Dec 28 06:57:28 GMT 2005

~/.kde/share
Look for a dir name with applnk in it's name.  Mine was: applnk-mdk
because I use a Mandrake based distro (PCLinuxOS).  Just put that file
in the dir there somewhere.  Here is what mine looked like:

[ryan at localhost applnk-mdk]$ pwd
/home/ryan/.kde/share/applnk-mdk
[ryan at localhost applnk-mdk]$ ls
Amusement/      Documentation/     Multimedia/  Terminals/
Applications/   Home.desktop       Networking/  TransGaming/
Configuration/  kfmclient.desktop  Office/
[ryan at localhost applnk-mdk]$

Those are some of the K start menu items on my start menu.  So, for you
your filename would be 3ddesktop.desktop.  You must remember the
.desktop extension or the menu link will not be shown.