Upgrading qtlib and or finding it!

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 25 14:19:07 GMT 2005

John wrote:

>Hi Again
>I found qlib under qt3 but am still wondering about the other  points. Surely
>some one out there knows?
>Regards
>John
>suse9.0 kde 3.1.4
>Hi
>I'm trying to install qcad on my machine. In order to use the more recent
>version I need qtlib >3.3. A search for qt only finds a doc directory. Suse
>9.0 installs qtlib 3.2.1 i586. I am running an i686. As I'm sure (?) that kde
>uses qtlib how can I find the library and can I upgrade it to 3.3.0. ? That
>version states that it's compatable with early versions. I downloaded that
>one as it was the earliest 3.3 available. Maybe I can go more recent?
>
>Alternatively if I simpley build the newer version into some directory and
>then point qcad at it when that's built am I likely to get away with it.
>
>I'm hoping for an answer to both! (Please)
>
>Regards
>John

I dont really understand your question. You upgrade qt like any other
package, just install/upgrade the rpm package. Alternatively you can
leave your system alone and just put the new qtlib in a folder and then
start qtcad with a script that LD_LIBRARY_PATH=folder where qt3.3 lib is
and then executes qtcad.
It will use a little more memory but at least it leaves your system as
it is and just lets you try newer versions of qtlib only with qtcad.
andrew