Does it remember (passwords and desktop app.)

Martin S shieldfire at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 08:26:51 GMT 2005

I've gotten FireStarter to start evertime I log in to my KDE account.
"Problem is" it needs root access to start the firewall. So I have to enter
the password every time I log in.
So I ticked the "Remember password" box (might not be exact wording) to skip
this step at every log in. But it doesn't save the password between
sessions. I still have to enter the root password every -*- time I log in.
How do I fix this? I run Gentoo 2005.1 and KDE 3.5 - and I've searched the
Gentoo forums, the Gentoo users list and KDE list, but've come up empty.

Suggestions? And Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates today...

Regards,

Martin S