KMail: (DNS websurf test in Konq O.K.): but Still trying to configure the 'SEND' facility since last advice on 6th & 8th Dec 2005

JACKIE AINSWORTH jackieinbosham at btopenworld.com
Fri Dec 16 15:33:19 GMT 2005

Hi,
Linux newbies here.

Advice from Nigel Henry: cave.dnb at tiscali,fr  15 Dec
05 23:30:44

Nigel,
Yes! - We can surf the web with konq OK! - Have just
tested again visiting www.kroah.com. No Problems!
So from what you say this proves that the DNS is OK!

(If you receive this email it was sent via
Konq.(Because we cannot 'SEND' via KMail that IS the
problem! - However the webclient 'Reply & 'forward'
buttons stopped working via konq. so we have to
freshly 'Compose' button for every reply here we send
via Konq! Frustrating!)

MYSTERY! : So what exactly ARE we setting incorrectly
in KMail 'configure', which results in visibly no
sending of e-mail via the 'internet tool icon' to our
ISP smtp server: mail.btopenworld.com ?

Is there a way to Prove / check-out the receptivity of
the mail.btopenworld.com server by sending some test
signal to it?

(If it is working via Konq, why does it not work for
KMail?)

Regards,
Jackie & Jim
NB In KMail Configure: What bearing do the only two
selection options:
'MIME compliant (quoted printable)'
or
'Allow 8-bit'
on functionality? Is there any significance here?