How to get greater resolution

Rikard Johnels rikard.j at rikjoh.com
Thu Dec 15 08:14:08 GMT 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 04:20, reader at newsguy.com wrote:
> Rikard Johnels <rikard.j at rikjoh.com> writes:
> > Does the card support higher resolutions?
> > The Radeon probably should, but it MIGHT be a problem of not recognizing
> > the amount of VideoRam availabe, and thus limiting the resolution you
> > get.
>
> I'm not sure how I'd know for certain, the manual doesn't seem to
> spell that out.  I'm pretty sure it should though.
>
> > BTW.. Tts 1600x1200 as standard. 1600x1280 is a custom size... (As far as
> > i recall anyhow.) That might have something to do with it too.
>
> Well it won't do 1280x1024 either so I doubt that is it but good info
> anyway.

At initial boot, you some times see a small text in the upper right hand
corner sating the graphics bios version and amount of memory...
Have you tested running the installer in text mode?
Or verbose, so you see what happens just prior to the crash?
Also, what driver do you use?

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j at rikjoh.com
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob     : +46 (0)736 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >