Konqueror very slow

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 21:13:16 GMT 2005

Hi
I have made use of grc.com for some years now - my machine doesn't stealth. I
use the linux firewall and the router is a zoom adsl x5. It does have an
inbuilt firewall.  grc.com has info on turning off certain aspects of this
type of router.
I can't see any odd network activity and traces of any addresses used all go
back to tiscali. Seem to remember reading about tansparent proxies on grc
though but that's a really paranoid thought.
If no one can come up with anything it looks like I am going to have to
completely reload my machine from scratch. That will bring back awefull
memories of windoze. I have xp on this machine too but I can't use it as a
recent update of nero and then xp has totally trashed it. It takes 3 to 4
hours to reload everything! At least Linux is quicker.

Regards
John