Konqueror 'REPLY & 'FORWARD' buttons now disappeared since 'Contact' 'Help' message acknowledged by BT Yahoo! (?)

JACKIE AINSWORTH jackieinbosham at btopenworld.com
Wed Dec 7 20:27:05 GMT 2005

Hi,
Linux newbie's persevering:

kitts at hotpop.com
kevin.krammer at gmx.at

Thanks for insights and suggestions about two days
ago.06 Dec 2005 :17:19:51 +0100

Seems you two got some insight? You wrote to each
other :- "As far as I understand it, they are
currently using the Yahoo web mail interface, so their
initial report that some button wasn't working in
Konqueror actually makes sense.  OOPS! I am sorry. It
did not strike me until now! :-) "

We went with your initial suggestions, and tries
'Help' Contact at our ISP BY Yahoo.com. Initially we
got 'Field' Message popped up :
"JavaScript-Konqueror (X) unsupportedbrowser: unable
to detect the status of ICM installation". On 6
Dec.17:39:18 GMT We got acknowledgement promising in
touch A.S.A.P. from noreply at byinternet.com to our Help
Request:-
"Please, 1) Which 'MAIL CLIENT' am I using? Am I using
'Pop or 'Imap'?
Thre 'REPLY' & 'FORWARD' BUTTONS on the email
programme stopped working so we need to know the name
of the 'MAIL CLIENT'?  I want to continue to use my
opensource webbrowser namely: 'Konqueror' from KDE.org
Distributed by Novell www.suse.de I do not wish to be
redirected to use a monopoly propietory operating
system and Webrowser. We are making a commercial
choice to use a LINUX Operating System."  -  We are to
date awaiting the promised investigation from BT
yahoo. (Last time we contacted them about a problem
they suggested we changed to a Microsoft O/S)
We 'right clicked' to veiw document source on BT Yahoo
home page which would NOT print, but wonder if these
jottings provide any clues:
"KonquerornjqNlc.html-Kwrite Konqueror
pg8L4a.html.GeneratingPRINTdatapage 49
mail.yahoo.com "wmailmain" KonqAQngkd-html.
<--web86008.mail-ukl.yahoo.com compressed/chunked wed
Dec. 19.24:13 GMT-->
Also the 'REPLY' & 'FORWARD' buttons have SINCE
DISAPPEARED!!! (?)
Are we stumbling upon any useful clues yet please? Are
you free to give us any? We can feed back to
kde at mail.kde.org if BT Yahoo do eventually reply.
Sehr Danke/Thanks very much
and Tchuss/Cheers,
Jim & Jackie.