Install kseti

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:51:42 GMT 2005

Hey Ole,
Just a small note worthy point to add to Joerg's comment:

Before you run `make install`, become root `sudo su` and type root's
password (unless you are in the "sudoers files") Once you are root type
`whereis checkinstall` If it is installed it will give you the path to it's
man pages any libraries it may contain and also the path to its executable
file.

If it is not installed use your packeage manager to install it, I'm not
exactly sure what SUSE uses.

Either way, checkinstall will allow you to later remove and/or upgrade any
packages you have decided to manually compile. It will add the comiled
program into your distribution's list of installed packages. Thus, auto
updates and the like will not be lost. As for a program that is being left
by the wayside, you may want to seek an alternative application to meet your
computing needs.

Regards,
             Justin

On 12/5/05, Joerg Stadermann <jstadermann at gmxpro.de> wrote:

> On Freitag 02 Dezember 2005 17:54, Ole T. Vecht wrote:
> > Fredag 02 december 2005 17:02 skrev Philip Rodrigues:
> > > Please provide more information. What doesn't work? If the
> > > configure or make commands produce output, paste (the end of
> > > it) here.
> >
> > Hi Philip.
> >
> > as you can see I am new.
> >
> > linux:/ # cd ..
> > linux:/ # cd ..
> > linux:/ # ./configure
> > -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
> > linux:/ # make install
> > make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
> > linux:/ #
> >

> You're either in the wrong directory or you didn't download a
> source tarball. You have to change to the directory containing
> the sources after you extracted the package you downloaded. There
> should be a script called "configure" and a file called
> "Makefile". Run the command ./configure and then make. If
> building the application has finished w/o errors become root and
> run make install.
>
> Joerg
> --
> NO to Software Patents - http://www.ffii.org

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain