How to suppress Trojan horses

Micaela Maya mat_gl at msn.com
Sun Aug 28 11:30:09 BST 2005

thank you for the answer, then...

>- how did you get to the idea you downloaded a trojan?

A few day ago, my friend send me a picture, but I haven't a broadband
connection and to see the picture I might it download, usually the browser
Mozzilla ask me how I want visualize the picture and when I've clicked the
button to visualize with Electric Eyes Mozzilla open a other windows with
the picture, this time no. This time Mozzilla ask me if I want to download
The Gimp and I clicked Yes.
Thenceworth, my internet connection every now and then is locked and it's
unlocked then a few minutes, my keyboard is locked, my mouse is moved within
I move it. The kernel open a diverse program or not connected kppp to the
internet.

>- I searched, but I could find no clue about a trojan horse linked with
>Gimp
>on Linux

I searched too with Google, but I haven't find nothin neither with Gimp,
neither how to suppress the trojan in general.

>- there seem to be a few messages about false positive warnings from
>Windoze
>antiviruses speaking of Gimp (for win32 I suppose).

I supposed too, I think be a worm w32 modify. But what inted you with the
"false positive warnings from Windoze"

>So, if you really need help, please be more sprcific about your problem:
>what
>distribution are you using? where did you download Gimp from? In which form
>(rpm?).

My distribution is Mandrake 10.1 updated, the firewall is set at "high".
I've open the mailboxes directly to the web, I not used the mailboxes
programs. It's was and ".rpm".
Despite I've suppress all the programs that contained "gimp", the program
exist again and continue to create the dir /share with the connection to the
link of "Gimp" also I suppress them.

Thank you again,
Micaela Gallerini