How to suppress Trojan horses

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Aug 28 09:36:56 BST 2005

On Saturday, 27 August 2005 17:03, Micaela Maya wrote:
> Hi all,
>     Stupidly, I've downloded a Trojan horses with a copy of "the Gimp v.
> 2", I've searched suppress it suppressing the copy of Gimp that I've
> downloaded, but I haven't succeded. The software seems replicate it every
> times I've suppress the software.
>
> the system create a dir /share when reside the file, but if I search this
> directory and the file I'm not succed to the search of file and the dir.
>
> Someone knows tell me like definitively eliminating the Trojan with some
> shell command please?

well, provided this is not some kind of flame:

- how did you get to the idea you downloaded a trojan?
- I searched, but I could find no clue about a trojan horse linked with Gimp
on Linux
- there seem to be a few messages about false positive warnings from Windoze
antiviruses speaking of Gimp (for win32 I suppose).

So, if you really need help, please be more sprcific about your problem: what
distribution are you using? where did you download Gimp from? In which form
(rpm?).

Thierry

Frank Zappa