win key, html

zika zika at lova.every1.net
Sun Aug 21 11:34:20 BST 2005

>Maybe control center - > KDE components -> File Manager -> behavior -> "Open
>folders in separate windows"? Don't know if this works forhtml and images,
>but then konqueror will also open a new window for each directory.

works for folders (spatial browsing), but not for html files still opens
them in same window.

>My way to do it is to right-click on the file and choose with what I want to
>open it

right click / open with/ internet/ konqueror/remember settings" opens it
in new window. just this time. when I double click on it again it still opens in the
same window.

I have created link to koqnueror and named it kr.
I can set konqueror(filebrowsing) to open html file with kr in new window.
The problem is it opens link in new window when I click on
html link inside html file.
When I am using konqueror web browser, started as koqnueror --profile webbiowsing.
And also different errors when I try to open http link. (using sub-urls with http is not supported)

>Control Centre/ File associations. Select the mime types like all text or just
>html or all image types or just the ones you want. You can then choose to
>view each mime group or mime type as embedded or external. If it is embedded
>it will open in your current window. If external it will open in the app that
>is at the top of the list for that file type.

tried it, it did not work. Still opens in the same konqueror window.