win key, html

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 20 22:34:30 BST 2005

On Sunday 21 August 2005 03:31, zika wrote:

All these things are available to those who get off their butts and do a
little bit of work like reading their manuals or doing a google search.

> 1. How can I setup KDE to open k-menu, when I click on just "windows key".
> I cannot find a way to set it just for it, but can set win+r = run program.

Do a search either of these lists, Google Groups or a general web search. This
question has been asked and answered 23,674 times at last count so I wont
bore the list with it.

> 2. How can I setup KDE to open html in new window when I double-click on it
> konqueror. Same question for images.
>
> I am using KDE 3.4.1.
>
> Please test your solutions for work before writing.
Yes teacher; I'll test my solutions when you learn to read your manuals and
use your mouse.

Control Centre/ File associations. Select the mime types like all text or just
html or all image types or just the ones you want. You can then choose to
view each mime group or mime type as embedded or external. If it is embedded
it will open in your current window. If external it will open in the app that
is at the top of the list for that file type.

Now you've left me in tears; I try my hardest to be the most arrogant person
on the list and I just get left behind by those with a natural talent for
it....
andrew