Alt+shift+key behaves like alt+key

Erik Ohls eohls at welho.com
Wed Aug 17 15:48:17 BST 2005

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 12:29 Agoston Bejo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lately I've been having a strange problem with KDE. I
> added some keyboard layouts (namely Hungarian and
> German) and I don't know what I could have set up
> false (I'm not even sure that it was then when the
> problem began to occur), but since then if I press a
> key combination that involves alt+shift (such as
> alt+shift+tab, or alt+? -> which means alt+shift+/),
> the keyboard behaves as if the shift key would not be
> pressed along with the alt key. Without 'alt', shift
> works correctly and without 'shift', alt also works
> correctly.
> What may cause this? How to set it back?

First check Kde Control Center -> Accessibility -> Keyboard Layout -> XKB
Alternatives (if that's the name of the tab -- I'm translating back from a
Swedish KDE installation). You may have picked alt+shift as the combination
that changes your keyboard layout. If you haven't, look for alt+shift
combinations in  Kde Control Center -> Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts.

Erik