Alt+shift+key behaves like alt+key

Agoston Bejo bejoag1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 10:29:34 BST 2005

Hi,

lately I've been having a strange problem with KDE. I
added some keyboard layouts (namely Hungarian and
German) and I don't know what I could have set up
false (I'm not even sure that it was then when the
problem began to occur), but since then if I press a
key combination that involves alt+shift (such as
alt+shift+tab, or alt+? -> which means alt+shift+/),
the keyboard behaves as if the shift key would not be
pressed along with the alt key. Without 'alt', shift
works correctly and without 'shift', alt also works
correctly.
What may cause this? How to set it back?

I am using SuSe 9.2, KDE 3.3.0 with a Dell US
Keyboard.

Thanks,
Agoston