Konsole doesn't work as non-root (SOLVED--mostly)

Isaac Rabicoff irabicoff at kc.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 10:23:21 BST 2005

Ok, konsole at least runs now that I've given rwx to /dev/pty/*.
However, I get the following message on the first line of konsole each
time I load it: "/dev/ttyp2 is not the slave for the master pty on fd
3".  Also, when I try to load konsole from in konsole I get the
following message:

raymondbeautrix at BokuNoSekai ~ $ konsole
QMultiInputContext::changeInputMethod(): index=0, slave=xim
/usr/kde/3.4/bin/kgrantpty not installed setuid root
kdecore (KProcess): WARNING: chownpty failed for device
/dev/ptyp3::/dev/ttyp3
This means the communication can be eavesdropped.

I'm not sure if this is trivial or not, but it would be nice if at least
the first error could be suppressed.

Thanks,
Isaac