Proposal: Shared network-enabled virtual desktop for KDE 4.0

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 23:05:50 BST 2005

Janne Ojaniemi wrote:

> PROPOSAL
>
> KDE 4.0 should have network-enabled shared virtual desktop that could be
> shared with other users on the network. The proposal is tentatively called
> ?Foresight?.

Interesting idea, definitely deserving a wider audience. This list is mainly
for user support: you can find more KDE developers at the kde-devel and
kde-core-devel mailing lists.

Two thoughts: I'd suggest you make it more clear what the purpose of your
message is: are you looking for the opinions of the KDE developers, other
developers who are interested in helping you, beta testers, ...? Also, if
you have some prototype or proof-of-concept code, link to it - you might
get some responses of the "show us the code" type otherwise.

Good luck with with idea!

Regards,
Philip